Date fished 25/07/2026
6:45am until 2:45pm
persistence
/pəˈsɪst(ə)n(t)s/
Not sure about the "saving computer data" stuff, but I am certainly saving a few blogs!
I arrived and walked to the area I wanted to fish. There was another angler in a nearby peg so I asked him if it was OK if I fished upstream of him. He said yes, so I started.
Link ledger meat for an hour produced nothing. Not wanting to roll meat out of my swim and disrupt the other angler, I moved off down stream.
I played around in a few new areas, not really settling and only got snagged lots and got a wet foot! I had the waders but was carrying them by now.
A warm wind soon turned into dark skies and water started falling, I think its called rain. Its been a while!
Still feeling discombobulated I went back to where I started. The angler was just leaving and he offered me the swim. I said thanks and we chatted as he packed up.
Not wanting to wade anymore I decided to sit on the bank and ledger paste wrapped pellet in the flow on the far side. It's where the barbel live!!
I ended with six of these, I think dace.
The second one was big and I would of weighed it had it not jumped off my hand when I unhooked it. They would be amazing to catch on the float trotting, but on the barbel rod they were just reeled in.
I was glad of the blank savers and the kindness of the other angler. I enjoyed my day, but the quest goes on!!



Is that the peg I mentioned m8 🤔 good luck, you will get one soon m8
ReplyDeleteYes Shane. Is definitely a good peg. Will get one at some point. Thanks!!
DeleteThat's a clonker of a dace !! superb
ReplyDeleteThe second one was bigger! I just dropped him back in before I could snap a pic. Bloody bad wrist and wanting to keep him in the water. Will have to go back!
DeleteYou will !!
DeleteCracking dace to keep you busy until Mr. Barbel drops by! Trotting rod and a ‘sleeper’ barbel next time?
ReplyDeleteSounds like a plan!!
Delete