Saturday 4 January 2020

Tackle Tart

With a few days off and no fishing planned, I did some sorting of my tackle.


These lures I had sorted a while ago, not so many now. The soft plastics are mostly gone. Will need to buy more.

This next was a picture to illustrate the kit I would take on a session. I have all my kit arranged in a cupboard in small boxes. I can then just take bits I need for that session, and blog about the things I left at home!!

This next one was some bits I won in a competition on face book for Angling direct. It got me using the hybrid feeders and I love them now, so easy to use!!

When the river was flooded, I used the big round weights. At 5.5oz in weight, I think they are beasts . Am sure people use larger,sometimes over 8oz on the Trent I think!


You can never have enough "winders" or reels as we call them.



All those reels? You ask.
Surely you only use 1 or 2 at most, at a time?
I do.
I only ever use 2 rarely, mostly I use one.
It really depends on the number of rods you have???? 8 in the pics, 3 more  ( 1 duplicate and 2 that are over 20 years old) not shown plus a pole!

 




Am pretty happy with what hook to use with which bait. Am happy with feeders for certain situations. Am less sure on length of hook length for feeder fishing and the holy grail.... What stick float to use when??



I wish that was all I have, but there is plenty more kit in the cupboard. I will show you that another day.


4 comments:

  1. A lot ofmy stick floatfishing is a bit futher over on a in it sems so just tend to stock with a 5 AA Advanta one. Mor e of an Avon float then.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, am never sure when a light float is best or heavy. I prefer a heavy for the weight gives more control I find.

      Delete
  2. I wish my kit was as tidy as that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really not always that tidy. Is nice to have a sort through once in a while!

      Delete