Sunday 28 July 2024

Probably

Date fished 28/07/2024

12.30 until 7pm 

280 miles from home to todays venue. The mighty River Wye. 



A 4.30 alarm and I met Ellis outside his house at 6.30am. An impromptu wee spot for me (obvs) and we were soon in Ross on Wye. Our accommodation for the next two nights being the White Lion. 






A quick trip to the shops to buy (liquid) lunch and we were  soon on the river. We walked most of the stretch and found a peg we could both fish in.  First cast for Ellis and he was in. A bleak, followed by a million more. I cast in, my first bleak, so a pb. Followed by a million more. Maybe some dace, but I think mostly bleak. 

We watched some perch chasing silvers around, they didnt want maggots though. Ellis decided to change to meat to avoid them. He fished hard for a while with a few bites but with no luck. The sun and heat were relentless. Ellis decided to go and get some bits from the car. I switched to meat and caught a small chub second cast, I wont relay the message Ellis replied!! 




We fished on with no luck. A local came to chat to us and told us about a different swim where "100lb of chub" was possible. We moved there!! 

Hemp, casters, meat, sweetcorn and maggots all fired in on the perfect line. I followed this up with float fished meat. The float buried three times and three more chub were added to my tally. 




Ellis caught a chub too. We had a successful day, probably....

Four of these, I consumed. 










4 comments:

  1. A bleak at last.Well done. The chub aren't bad either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. Hoping for something bigger today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice chub, hope you’ve found a few barbel today. I’ll be down there after the perch later in the week (now I know where they are) - perch & a pint!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You do that. They were there in numbers.

      Delete