Tuesday 30 July 2024

A good feed

Date fished 30/07/2024

8am until 11am



You didn't think I was just talking about the fish getting the feed!? They did though, when we packed up, a fair bit of left over bait went in. What the swans didn't eat would be putting pounds on the chub. 

When we woke up, I told Ellis I was tired after yesterday's excursions in the heat. He replied with, "yeah, those of us that battled barbel have a sore arm too!!" 

An early breakfast, Ellis got his clothes from 'the wardrobe' and we headed back to the town stretch. Starting where we ended on Sunday, I caught 4 small chub in a few casts. 






Ellis headed downstream and waded out to the middle. It was actually shallower mid river than some of the margins. I joined him and he started catching, I must be his lucky poacher! 

We fed hard and soon he was catching chublets, dace and bleak a plenty. I caught a few more but didn't trouble the score board. 

As we walked back to the car over the bridge, we spotted 20 chub cruising in the sun. A few were 4lb plus. 

A great end to 3 days away. We have talked about 'next time', just need to get it booked. Shotgun the bridge swim!! (At both venues)

4 comments:

  1. Not bad fishing, but never trust anywhere that serves beans in a ramekin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good fishing in tough conditions. Hope the river is a bit more giving on your next trip. (I’m going to try and track down those perch).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck. Saw other perch too, closer to the pub. Looking forward to coming back.

      Delete