Wednesday 7 August 2024

Uncley Adrian

Date fished 7/8/2024
11.15 until 14.15




I am currently in Dorset with the kids. We had sea fishing booked for today but some wild weather put paid to that. Rupe and I took the youngest cousin, Eddie for a few hours on a lake. See if we could christen his new rod and catch him his first proper fish!! 


We headed to Mangerton Lake, a few miles from home. A small (ish) lake with carp to 20lb but also some roach, which should keep Eddie entertained. They also did a three hour 'day' ticket ideal for short sessions with youngsters. 



Float rods with sweetcorn for the kids. A ledger sleeper rod with pellets for me. Although I was kept busy elsewhere. Eddie caught his first two fish before I even sat down!! His first one jumping back in before I could take a picture, so this was his second ever fish. 



Rupe fished in his own peg and was also soon on two fish. It was now we stopped for lunch. Very civilised, Eddie properly stopped fishing and ate all his lunch. What a lad!! 



A few line bites on my ledger kept my eyes flicking towards the sleeper. However, I had to keep landing fish for Eddie. He was soon on four roach for the day!! His float shot under and he struck, he quickly said "what's this Uncley Adrian? It's much bigger!!"

With some expert guidance and assistance from said Uncley, I mean uncle. We soon had a much bigger fish in the net. 





At 9lb 1oz, Eddie's fifth ever fish was a pb he may have for a while.  We packed up and headed home. Not sure what the six year old equivalent of a pint is, but I am sure Eddie will be having a couple tonight!! 






8 comments:

  1. Not a bad start to young Eddie's angling adventures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Onwards and upwards!! Didn't have the heart to tell him about the blanks!!

      Delete
  2. Fantastic pictures, thank you so much! Sally S.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had a great few hours. Glad you enjoyed reading all about it.

      Delete
  3. Great to see, some cracking fish too !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apparently "the youth is the future"!!

      Delete