Saturday 10 February 2024

Gone in 60 minutes

Date fished 10/02/2024

8am until 9am

Flooding, family and friends have been the reasons no fishing for a while. A uni mate came up for the weekend, days out with the kids and more water/snow/ice than the country knows what to do with.  


The weather was mild but after a week of rain, the rivers were high. As the Derwent is tidal, I wondered if it would be fishable. I set off for an early start. The river was similar in height and speed (flow) to last time I fished it. The big difference was the colour. It was gin clear last time and tea coloured today! 


I trotted the float and fed quite heavy. Thinking the more maggots, the more chance of the fish seeing them. 

I kept to one line near my bank and going towards a bush. 

One hour later, no bites, cold feet but I left happy! Weird, I must be some sort of fishing geek. 

6 comments:

  1. Well god loves a tryer sure it will well when it’s fined down a bit been some cracking grayling and Dace coming out 🎣tight lines

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, yes conditions will be better soon. Just fancied a day today, turned into 1 hour.

      Delete
  2. It really has been tough planning trips requiring more than a day, the weather is so topsy turvy. Fingers crossed you get some meaningful time on the banks before mid-March comes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks James. I will. Planning to end the season in Dorset so will be trying a river down there mid march.

      Delete
  3. Sometimes is more about fishing than catching!

    ReplyDelete