Saturday 21 September 2024

Small perch gear, Big perch gear

Date fished 21/]9/2024
7.30 am until 12pm

Leaves turning brown means perch fishing to me. Leaves of any colour or no Leaves means perch fishing to Tom. We headed to the Tees in search of some. (Perch not leaves) 




Me armed with some vegetables (not really) and the float rod, we waded out below a weir. I fired in some maggots and started to trot. One white and one red on the hook, only the white was sucked dry. Two whites on the hook, my first perch. I shouted at Tom and showed him, he thought I was taking his picture! Bless him. Nothing interrupts his lure fishing! 

I felt bad after my second perch, which he thought was my blank saver. He took a picture for me, but has not shared with me. So, I took his picture! 



I switched to worm and soon had another. This prompted Tom to head off upstream. His lures didn't have the desired effect in this turbulent water. He wanted to find some calmer water. He made the right choice! 

I fished on, feeding some groundbait into a slack and realising I could trot upstream in this eddy.  This fished seemed to like it in here too, a quick few fish all on worm and I was soon on 12 perch. Nothing big, but a nice few hours in drizzle and a slight chill.  



Tom found his slack and when he was not throwing lures up the far bank managed to catch two perch of his own. A pb of 1lb 8oz quickly followed by one of 1lb 5oz. Cracking session all round! 

1lb 8oz

1lb 5oz

Some good chat on the way home, albeit behind some slow drivers and us chomping on some lava rolls from Greggs. 

Tom wanted to call the blog "show me the perch", then he suggested "Dirty dozen".  When he dropped me home and I playfully announced "let me take my small perch gear", it was not lost on me when he quickly responded with "be careful of my big perch gear". I saw him drive off with a wry smile! 
Great fishing trip matey. 

No comments:

Post a Comment