Saturday, 25 July 2026

Tees Barbel (8)

Date fished 25/07/2026

6:45am until 2:45pm

persistence
/pəˈsɪst(ə)n(t)s/
Persistence is the quality of continuing to do something even when it is hard, and it means keeping going, lasting a long time, or saving computer data.


Not sure about the "saving computer data" stuff, but I am certainly saving a few blogs! 
I arrived and walked to the area I wanted to fish. There was another angler in a nearby peg so I asked him if it was OK if I fished upstream of him. He said yes, so I started. 

Link ledger meat for an hour produced nothing. Not wanting to roll meat out of my swim and disrupt the other angler, I moved off down stream. 
I played around in a few new areas, not really settling and only got snagged lots and got a wet foot! I had the waders but was carrying them by now. 
A warm wind soon turned into dark skies and water started falling, I think its called rain. Its been a while!
Still feeling discombobulated   I went back to where I started. The angler was just leaving and he offered me the swim. I said thanks and we chatted as he packed up. 
Not wanting to wade anymore  I decided to sit on the bank and ledger paste wrapped pellet in the flow on the far side. It's where the barbel live!!

I ended with six of these, I think dace.
The second one was big and I would of weighed it had it not jumped off my hand when I unhooked it. They would be amazing to catch on the float trotting, but on the barbel rod they were just reeled in. 

I was glad of the blank savers and the kindness of the other angler. I enjoyed my day, but the quest goes on!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment