Friday 2 November 2018

A to Z

Date fished 2/11/18
9am till 4pm



A is for Anthony, who was kindly taking me fishing today.
B is for blank saver, a 4oz perch was mine! I....
Caught it from the
Canal.
Drop shotting was the most prolific method today, as usual! I tried it again.
Electro fishing had been used 8 weeks before, had this removed all the....
Fish? We wondered, Anthony had some tricks to use though....
Garlic pens, shhhhh! It's secret
Haunts on two canals we tried. Anthony knew all the stretches like the back of his hand.
I had dead baits, small roach to try too.
Jigs were used, but to no avail
Knowledge is key, so will be updating my Finygo App
Lesson learned, slow retrieve, almost to a stop.
More practice is needed on my drop shotting technique.
November Day? It was sunny and bright
Obviously as Anthony had said there were only a few in the stretch, his first fish was a lovely looking
Pike.


Quietly we crept along the canal, trying likely looking spots, only a few feet from the bank
Repeating this at bridges, boats and under over hanging trees
Stonez from Pallatrax were used instead of leads. Have used them a little before, but gonna give them a whole season and see how I get on
Two quick bites, I missed, but we think these were by perch. Anthony ended on 5 perch, some nice sized ones, and lost a bigger one.

Urban fishing at it's best on these
Venues, Ashby de la Zouch Canal and Coventry Canal


Water was a good colour. Not like chocolate, that it sometimes resembles
Xpertly (ok, well we did not play any xylophones!) I worked the lure along the bottom,
You must be joking, I shouted as Anthony finally hooked a...
Zander. They were the main target today, and although I didn't catch one, I saw Anthony catch one and had a great day trying!







No comments:

Post a Comment