Wednesday 2 June 2021

Tom bagged up!!

Date fished 2/6/2021
4pm until 9.30pm

The river season is approaching fast, so I thought I would do some evening sessions on the lake. I was meeting Tom again and we were going to fish Tilcon for Bream, Tench, Carp but not Roach! 

We decided to fish on the opposite side of the lake. I had never fished on this side but Tom had and caught some fish. He picked a corner swim with the wind blowing into it and I fished next to him in between Lilly pads. We were fishing as usual with hybrid feeders and pellets.






Tom was into a fish straight away and I honestly had written the opening paragraph before I left home, but you've guessed it. He caught a Roach. It was nice to not blank.
Blank saver! 

He was soon into another fish, but this was no Roach. A lovely Bream and at 4lb 12oz it was a great fish. 
Seen enough of his face! 

4lb 12oz

Unfortunately this side of the lake was in the shade and as the clouds rolled in the wind was quite cold. We were both soon in our jackets and wishing for some warmth. That did come, in the shape of fish. Well, to Tom anyway. I forget the order but in short he caught 4 Bream and 3 Roach ( I told him we were not after them!) He was indeed smashing it!! 

These are different fish! 

As the evening got cooler still, we had a chat. We discussed boilies flavours, (seriously, don't ask. Two carp anglers on the opposite bank heard my flavour thought and we ended up laughing together across the lake), shared coffee and eventually Tom was offering me £5 (which he owes me still!!) to go try another swim. More out of spite than commitment, I persevered in my swim and soon I was getting line bites and fish were showing in my swim. It was not long before the rod went round and I played my blank saver to the net. 


The Bream showed signs of spawning, but there was little sign on the lake compared with Monday. The water was just as warm though and holding the hybrid feeder each time to re-load with pellets actually warmed my hands. 
We fished on. The lake starting to come alive as the sky darkened. We had thought about fishing till 10pm, but changed it to 9.30 as the chill took hold. It was about 9.18 and after having lost some good bites, Tom's rod leapt into action. This time he lifted into the fish and played a lovely Mirror Carp to the waiting net. Complete with weeds, sticks and gunge the fish was his. At 6lb 10oz it really did round off a great session for Tom. 


Tom finished on over 20lb of fish, it was a great evening. Looking forward to the next trip, where it will be a mad dash from the car park to that corner swim! 



2 comments:

  1. You don't seem to be getting the hang of that place at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, very hit and miss!!
      Had a few Bream and Tench last year but been very off sorts recently.

      Delete