Friday 15 April 2022

Assault and battery

Date fished 15/4/2022
8.30 am until 2.30 pm

Or any days


Bank holidays = fishing days. Not always but this particular Easter, I was able to go fishing. Happy to keep both kidneys, I decided not to sell one for fuel and opted to fish local. I headed to Tilcon. 

I decided to fish in my old favourite swim, and not the new favourite swim. Confused? Well, I fished in the lake, let's leave it like that. I had two rods, worm on one and pellet on the other. They were both set up last night, so I was fishing in minutes. Traps set, it was a lovely morning, mild and with no wind. I wished I brought the float rod!!



It was not long until the worm rod got some attention. By attention I mean GBH, ABH and any other H's you can think of. Short, sharp pulls on the tip as the worm was getting its face smashed in. I knew the likely culprits and soon I had one on the bank.



Our old friend, Mr Perch. You will remember, a Perch was my first ever fish? Anyway, today they were starving. They attacked the worm constantly, so I decided to up sticks and fish in a new area for me. The Carp were crashing around by the rushes and I wondered if a tench may be close by. I crept into position and decided not to fish tight against the snags, but the opposite way but under all the scum and surface film being blown that way. There would definitely be fish here. 
First cast in and I spooked a fish dozing just under the surface. I sat back and waited. Sure enough the rod started to get attention, it would appear someone's eyes were bigger than their belly!! 


About half a dozen Perch in as many casts and I chuckled to myself. I was hoping a bigger one was also sat down there....


No such luck, they were all the same size. Although the way the rod was being tugged implied they had been eating at least 3 shredded wheat each! 
I decided to move again, in the hope of catching something different. 20 minutes in a sheltered spot and the aggression of the little Perch had disappeared. If I believed in meditation or such things I may of started humming. It was so peaceful. 

The clouds came over and I no longer needed my sunglasses. When I put them away, I just carried on with the rest of my kit. Without realising I was back at the car and ready to go. A short, sharp worm bashing session came to a close. I have a party tomorrow so it's early bath time.....

4 comments:

  1. Always nice to catch a few little perch t0 remind you where it all started.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not the biggest but certainly was enjoyable.

      Delete