Sunday 4 December 2022

Green-eyed monsters

Date fished 4/12/2022 

8.40am until 1pm

Just like buses, one trip quickly turned into two, this time Tom and I hit the Tees. As per, Tom was after pike and I had chub gear. 


I also had worms and maggots just in case.


A rainy day greeted us but with waders (to keep bums dry) and coats we were ready. We parked up and one other car was already there. Murphy's law dictated that the angler was in our chosen swim. Of course they were! We said good morning and moved to another area. Tom started on float fished dead baits and I had maggots in the feeder with a worm on the hook.





The showers came and went. Not even a change to breadcrumb in the feeder and cheesepaste on the hook tempted a bite, so we left that swim and moved our way back upstream. 



A fair bit of walking, sitting and jealousy made up the rest of the trip. 
No, I was not jealous of Tom in his long John's as I had mine on too. No, I was not jealous of his double quarter pounder with cheese as I had a cheese and cucumber sandwich. No, I was not jealous of the lack of gossip in the car. But, I think we were both jealous as we watched the other angler catch a fish!! 



6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Yes, was a pike. At least they were feeding, not just for Tom. As for the Chub, am still scratching my ever balding head!

      Delete
  2. Back down with a bump after yesterday's success.

    ReplyDelete