Saturday 2 September 2023

The advice of Brian

Date fished 2/9/2023
7.30am until 2pm

After a night of beers it was a 6am alarm. Funnily enough I was up straight away, another day fishing! Jar (Alan) and I were off to a local river to try for barbel. 

For once, my words won't do it justice, but the highlights were:

Meeting Brian
Sausage Sarnies
4 miles walked
Casting to an area of feeding fish. 14 fish in total there. We all watched as a barbel swam away from my cast, waited a few minutes and slowly swam over 10 ft, pushing a chub out the way and took my ledgered bread!! Amazing! 
Putting my hand in nettles
Lucky kingfishers
Swims that needed "special" Casting




6lb 11oz






























8 comments:

  1. Well done. After avoiding barbel for so long it must be nice that one was so determined to be caught.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In that particular swim it was easier to catch than avoid!!

      Delete
  2. Great to meet you guys earlier, and cracking barbel - nice one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That'll do just nicely!

    It used to be a brilliant river and in that peg you had yours from you would see as many fish in there but average 8-9lbs! with 1-3 doubles in there at any one time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those were the days… Unfortunately I missed them!

      Delete
    2. Reading your blogs and getting advice put me on the fish. Thanks both! A double for me next.....

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks. It certainly was! Until next time....

      Delete