Saturday 23 September 2023

The right path

Date fished 23/9/2023

7.30am until 1.30pm

I checked the weather earlier in the week and it said 0% chance of rain for saturday. I took that to mean it would not rain!

The heavy rain in the week meant the rivers were up and down, fishable (probably) but I decided to stay local and head to tilcon. 

On the morning whilst eating my breakfast I checked the weather. 30% chance of rain, I packed the rain coat!! I drove to the lake and was pleasantly surprised to see the changes. I had seen on Facebook pics but not seen for myself. 





Where there was a high steep bank before, a path had been cut away behind all the car park swims. I believe it will also help pole anglers when shipping back, but for me it made easy access to the swim. Another angler had just arrived and was in peg six, so I decided to fish in four, I have never fished it before. 

I had float and ledger rods with worm, maggots, sweetcorn, bread and pellets. I did leave the kitchen sink at home! I also had a mix of micro pellets, breadcrumb and groundbait for the feeder. 



The feeder was cast to an island to my left whilst I float fished in front of me. As usual, I didn't really concentrate on either. I would watch one whilst the other moved and vice versa. The drizzle started and was fairly persistent, I was actually pretty wet, I was happy though. 

As I watched the float, I noticed the back ground moving. A large island that I thought was fixed was slowly moving across the lake. In my head, I thought the fish must all be under it, pushing it and using it to run away! 

Eventually I connected with a bob of the float. 


The other angler got smashed up by a carp and decided to pack up. He gave me his bait and I thought it rude not to also jump in his vacated swim. The sun came out and I was soon dry again. First cast another perch. I finished on 10 perch, the biggest being the first one above. Nothing big, but sometimes it's nice to just sit and chill. 



8 comments:

  1. I left peg 4 during the week as it fished poorly on the feeder for the feeder match. Peg six certainly fished better for me last Friday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trouble on 4 was the islands moving about, I wanted to fish up to them but they kept moving. Six is an awesome peg!!

      Delete
  2. Nowt like a don't think about it just do it sort of fishing session for giving the mind a rest.
    How long before somebody and their barrow ends up in the water at the bottom of that slope.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will let you know after the winter! There is a little hump at the top which helps be a brake.

      Delete
    2. You don't need a barrow it is 15 yards. There is gravel down so as you won't go arse over tit.

      Delete
  3. Had two good bream on peg 4 today one 6lb+ another 4+ on sweet corn and bomb 10ft in front of me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well done. They must of come on the feed I put in 🤣🤣

      Delete