Sunday 14 June 2020

Social Photograper

Date fished 14/6/2020
5am until 1pm

4am - alarm went off
4.15am - make flask of coffee, eat a slice of toast
4.30am - car packed, next stop Ryton
4.45am - thoughts about catching Bream and Tench on the feeder
4.55am -Arrive Tilcon

5.00am - Tom also arrived for an early morning session
5.02am - Tom said " come be sociable, in this swim (10 plus metres from him) next to me, don't fish that 'banker swim. We can natter!
5.05am - first cast to the new lillies, in my new swim with 12mm Robin Red pellet
5.06am - good view of swim, lillies to my left, open water to my right. Looked superb!

5.10am - second rod cast with luncheon meat on the hair to the open water side
5.45am - crow chasing a heron in flight, assumed trying to steal it's breakfast
6.05am - kingfisher out to stretch it's wings
7.00am - Tom went for a walk, came back 5 mins later defo looking lighter!
8.00am - started eating sandwiches!!
8.30am - putting the world to rights, we had a good old natter. In truth we were chatting for most of the minutes since 5.02!
9.01am - Tom's left hand rod away. Lovely Bream in the net. I take a photo for him


9.25am - check my rods still "working" been motionless!
9.56am - No fish so start taking photographs


10.41am - Tom's left rod again. Same result. This man is a pro! More photos by me.

10.55am - Tom feeding his swim superbly. 4mm pellets creating a good noise and making the fish look for baits
11.07am - I think my left hand rod had a knock! Yes, defo a line bite!
12.00pm - "Right, I'm packing up. These fish don't like me!" Says I.
" Go on, stay until half past, I am staying" the reply.
12.04pm - Tom's right hand rod!! Another Bream. A lovely fish, weighed 4lb exactly. A new Pb. Well done that man!



12.30pm - "Go on, 1pm, we'll pack up" he said
" wake me up when you are going!" I managed to reply.
12.56pm - I was packed up and ready for the off.
1.02pm - Tom finally pulled in the rods, leaving them out as long as he could.

As I got in my car and drove away, Tom behind in his. I let Tom get out and lock the gate, was about the only time I was in front all day.
I was thoroughly beaten today, three nil.
Although, obvioulsy there was no competition, it was a draw on the chats and laughs.
It was a great morning and better to be spent  with a mate!


No comments:

Post a Comment