Wednesday 14 July 2021

Use your loaf

Date fished 14/7/2021

3.30pm until 8pm

I guess like most people, my fishing started with a float on a stillwater. I very rarely fish like this anymore, so tonight I fancied giving it a go.  I decided an after work trip to Tilcon to target the Bream. I had the usual pellets as bait but with no ledger gear with me, it was all on nothing on the good old float. I also had two slices of bread. Not sure why only two but I wasn't going to use it and when I took a huge 800g loaf on the Swale, Ellis and I only used two slices, twice!! On two separate trips. All the two's, so I took two. 

I fed some micro pellets against the lillies as I set up the float rod. I was going to fish a 3g Korum loaded blob as close to the lillies as I dared with a banded pellet on the hook. I had a few knocks on the float but no positive bites so I switched to bread flake. The float buried. I was into a small skimmer. It came off at the net as I was chatting to another angler. This continued many, many times. It was a bite a chuck, not always a fish as I only caught half a dozen out of about a million bites.



Soon I had used all the bread and just had the crusts left. I had seen fish all around on the top, so I fired a few pieces out. Within 15 minutes the greedy carp were taking it off the top. I changed rigs and decided to have an hour on floating crust. My first cast was perfect and within seconds a carp had taken the bait. Sadly it was not hooked. Again, this happened about 10 times and soon I was out of crusts too. 

I was going to go back on the float and pellet but thought it was about time I used my loaf and headed home. Pondering all the way why I only took two bloody slices!? 

2 comments:

  1. The only time you need two slices of bread is to make a sandwich.
    Normally bites on bread produce a fish. There's clearly some odd fish in there.

    ReplyDelete