Saturday 24 September 2022

Five in five

Date fished 24/9/2022

7.30am until 12.30pm 

I enjoyed the trip to Tilcon with my dad last week, so fancied some more of the same. I usually fish the further venues on the Saturday of my weekend and the closer one on the Sunday, it being a school night! However, with a match on Tilcon this Sunday, I swapped it around. I also figured with wfh currently the blended way, a downstairs commute on Monday was easier than one involving the car and needing to be awake!

I took a feeder rod and a float rod and planned to fish exactly the same as last time, albeit without my trusty sidekick. 



Arriving at the lake, another car was pulling in behind me. I didn't have to get out and close the gate, today already looked promising. 

I decided to fish a different area of the lake today, an area I have not fished much. A deeper area in the hope of a big bream. 


Corn on the float and pellet on the feeder and I was fishing. The rain then started and was soon heavy enough for the rain coat. Eventually it stopped and gave me the motivation to make some changes. Worm on the float, and it was a fish straight away.


 The bites continued to come and they were all the same species, just different sizes. One perch was barely longer than the worm. I alternated between corn and worm and only had interest in worm. 

The ledger rod remained motionless, I cast near the bushes, away from the bushes and everywhere in between. There was certainly fish in this deeper water, lots were topping and some bigger fish crashed about. It was only perch that visited me though. 


The sun came out and the rain coat was removed. Sun glasses were actually needed. Soon, the rain came back and I contemplated what changes to make. It had been five perch in five hours. I decided a big change was needed and buggered off home!! 

4 comments:

  1. Another good blog, however shorter than usual but still a good read

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There wasn't much to write about, sadly!!

      Delete