Monday 1 May 2023

A perfect blank

Date fished 1st May 
7.30am until 1.15pm

I have been to Dorset alot this year as Davey was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer in mid December. We have rallied together and done our best, chemo number six tomorrow Dad. See you soon x 

I sent Tom ahead to Tilcon to bait up for bream. He has been catching a good few recently, me not so much. I arrived 30 mins after Tom, there was a good few anglers on the lake but I spotted him straight away. He picked a perfect swim, made more perfect when he scooted over a metre and I joined him in his! It was like sharing a sleeping bag!! 

I fished corn under the float, Tom had method feeders with pellets. I think they might of been "marine halibut", I might need to double check. 

We chatted about schools, rugby, our kids, holidays, fishing, cancer, social media, politics, hooking ducks (non eupho) and alot of other nonsense. 
The fishing was secondary today, we chat in pubs over a beer but the chat on the bank is much more relaxing, well to me it is. 

The sun came out and some clothes came off. Both of us Southern softies had thermals of some description on under our layers! It was also a woolly hat for me and I needed to borrow Tom's sunglasses just to keep watch of my float. 

We were soon interrupted by the softest of low volume bite alarms as Tom's right hand rod went about three times. "That's a fish" I hinted as Tom did the business. 




We chatted some more and I had a bite. The hook came back minus the corn, so am counting that as a bite!! 
Tom soon left as we had put the world to rights. I ate my lunch and squinted in the sun. The black clouds came over and I no longer regretted not having my sun glasses. A few spots of rain, then a few more. Within two minutes it was torrential and I laughed at the "fair weather anglers" comment I had made earlier! 

I packed up, drenched to the bone and headed to the car. 

2 comments:

  1. A good waffle ca make up for a poor day's fishing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed, I hardly looked at the float!

      Delete