Saturday 5 March 2022

Still blanking

Date fished 5/3/2022
9.20am until 4.20pm

The weather is not being kind at the moment. It must know there is limited time left to fish the rivers! 
I had planned to fish, so with the rivers buggered, I decided to go to Ryton and fish Tilcon. I generally fish here during the closed season and on summer evenings. 
I had an array of baits, natural and man-made and two rods. I intended to have a ledger rod out as a sleeper and fish with the float rod in a spot close to features. 


It was cold when I arrived, a little ice on the edge of the lake. I tackled up the float rod, the ledger rod was already set up and fishing. Breadcrumb in the feeder and bread flake on the hook. 



I alternated between maggot and worm on the float rod, but neither seemed to get any interest. I decided to have a wander and was surprised how high the water was. A swim in the corner that Tom and I regularly fish was completely under water. 

Can just make out the platform below the water

I met some club members/ trustees and had a good chat. I was given some good advice and fished in that way. However, luck or skill not being on my side today and no bites.
At 15.37 my float dipped and I struck, no fish, maybe a bite, maybe not. 

With plenty of smaller fish topping, I shallowed up in the hope to tempt them. They didn't fancy my worm but enjoyed jumping over my float! Is one of those days when fish repeatedly jump over your float like a game. 


The chill started to descend and I had run out of tricks, it was time to head home. Hopefully I can get back out there tomorrow and turn my frown upside down!! 





6 comments:

  1. Stillwaters in winter are a pain, but I can't help thinking that you need to land the feeder in the water and not on the bank.🤣🤣
    Good luck for tomorrow.👍

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not enough time for blanks - better luck tomorrow...

    ReplyDelete