Date fished 31/8/2026
6.30am until 11am
There are items of tackle that I like, I use because I always have and there are items that I love but have rarely, if ever used.
![]() |
| For example |
I LOVE the bait dropper, but I think it's only met the water once. It makes so much sense, put your bait on the bottom where the big tench and bream are feeding. Ignore the little silvers in the water column. That was the plan.
I put three droppers of liquidised bread, corn and small pellets in the desired spot. As I got the float rod ready, I noted the fizzing. It was bubbles all morning!
The float was maybe not the method though. I love to just sit and watch the float, but some days you have to do what you need to.
![]() |
| Time stamp 7.18am |
No need to cast. I was fishing a rod length out and I just lowered it carefully in.
![]() |
| Time stamp 7.22am |
A nice 3lb tench.
The bailiff came around and I told him I had caught a tench, he asked how big and I said 3lb. I had not weighed it.
I caught another one later, it looked the same size, so I gave it a weigh. 2lb 15oz. Phew, 1 oz out!!
Two 6mm Robin Red durable hookers squished together on the hair doing the business for both the larger tench.
A smaller one on the float fished corn and some roach and rudd kept me entertained. The morning slipped away and I decided to do the same.
Not quite sure what the banks need the holiday for, but my morning on the bank was worth it.






No comments:
Post a Comment