7.30am until 5pm
A long day and three swims fished. We gave ourselves 10/10 for effort. But not sure on our results.
Ledgered everything on the Ouse for the elusive, but Ellis guaranteed, chap!
First swim was a walk, but in the early morning cool air, Ellis was jealous of my jumper. A bream came to see us in the shallows, but turned away before we could throw it some duck food. They ate plenty.
![]() |
| X marks the spot |
Nothing much going on here, so while Ellis lassoed a small skimmer, I spent the time tidying my tackle box.
A jungle walk to another swim. We sat here in the shelter and watched YouTube. The swim was alive with predators snapping at everything. Ellis swapped to a worm and a small tap turned into a heavy lump. A pike grabbing his perch. The former let go and the latter came in relatively unharmed.
We watched a kingfisher show us up and catch a minnow right in front of us.
Knocks galore on the spicy sausage, I fear it was pincers and not lips doing the damage.
One more swim to try and this was again filled with pulls on the spicy sausage!
Highlight was the pair of swans preening and rewaterproofing themselves for about 5 minutes a few feet in front of us. That even beat the raunchy dancing on board the party boat, but that video evidence is not available yet!
If trips where you blank were always like this, I wouldn't mind. In fact, I didn't blank, I just ran out of time!






No comments:
Post a Comment