Saturday, 8 August 2026

Lost pb

Date fished 8/8/2026
11.30am until 2.30pm

I am too annoyed to:

Tell you about the new 11ft Map Generation Pro float rod I bought and wanted to try out today.

Tell you how I float fished sweetcorn under a pellet waggler, probably not correctly but it was Davey's float and I wanted to use it.

Mention that  a carp grabbed my single corn on a size 14 and sped across the lake, under an island and I lost the hook and the float. All the weights were still on the line. Odd.

Show you the seven small roach that did christen the rod.

I will tell you what annoyed me though.

My float dipped, I struck and it stayed low. Pulling back. Carp, I thought. Then it popped to the surface like a bream. It didn't know it was hooked. It had stripes though and red fins. A massive perch had fancied my corn. It was hooked square in the lip. 
I played it carefully as now it realised and dived under the weeds. The new rod did well, lunges and runs absorbed. I got the net ready and started to bring the two together. I wondered what it would weigh!?

Disaster, the hook hold gave way. No line break, no rubbish knot. A good old fashioned hook pull. I was gutted, I actually swore. 

As my daughter has just pointed out, how did I know it was a pb? I have seen many big perch and this was well over two, if not three pounds. 
It was a bream sized perch.

Actually annoyed typing. Bye. 😃 





No comments:

Post a Comment